Fun Fact: there's a lot of information on the internet and you probably have a few favorite sites that you like to visit and consume information from. It can become easy to forget that behind the words on the screen, is actually one person communicating to another. And since you're a real person, and I claim to be one as well, I wanted you to know who I am.
Some of these things you may already know about me. You will probably also learn some things that may surprise you. But this is the real me. Here we go...
33 or more things you need to know about me.
1. I'm 61 -- Soon to be 62. I really don't feel that old, but reality is sinking in.
2. I am divorced. I was married for about 25 years.
3. I have 2 sons. Stephen is 30 years old and Jonathan is 26 years old. Both have lovely girlfriends and I can't wait to become a grandfather. Update youngest son was married and a grandson was born 7.1.2017.
4. I'm number 9 of 12 brothers and sisters. Yes, from the same mother and father. 3 have now passed away, with 9 of us remaining. Many, many nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews.
5. I started working for an hourly wage at age 14 at the corner grocery store. I remember having to get a work permit because of my age and was able to get out of high school early because of work.
6. I joined the US Marines right after high school graduation and went to boot camp at Parris Island, SC. After boot camp I was shipped to Aviation School in Millington, TN where I learned all about the electric and mechanics of aircraft. My main job was to be an aircraft mechanic, but soon after school wound up at Tustin, CA Marine Air Base as a RF4P aircraft inspector. The RF4P was a photo reconnaissance aircraft and as such I was given a final secret security clearance to inspect the aircraft. During my time in the marines I traveled aboard several aircraft carriers in the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, and several other bodies of water. I was also able to enjoy visiting Australia, Singapore, Pakistan, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Japan, Korea, mainland China, Guam, Wake Island, Hawaii, Alaska, and many states in the US.
7. After the Marines, I went to business college for accounting, graduated, and took a position with a financial services company starting out collecting consumer, auto, and mortgage debts. I moved up within that banking company and was granted final approval authority for consumer, auto, and mortgages loans.
8. I soon got bored with that job and took a position with several insurance companies (Mutual of Omaha as one example) selling life, auto, and health insurance. Although I was making a good living selling insurance my new bride didn't want me to stay out so late at night with clients so I went back into the banking/financial industry with the same company I was with before.
9. I was soon promoted to Manager of a Profit Center office, and a few years later was hired away to a Mortgage Company as a District Manager for the State of Indiana approving 1st and 2nd mortgage loans with loan approval authority of $250,000.00 including being a member of the loan committee. This was during the 1980's and the banking collapse in the US. I was affected and the California savings and loan I worked for went bankrupt. I was without a job.
10. I bought a franchise business at this time and grew the business about 5 times to almost a million in sales from 1989 to 2013 at which time I closed the business and retired.
11. Began selling online via AOL Classifieds in 1994.
12. Created my first web site in 1996 and it is still in operation today. (www.thetobaccoshop.com)
13. I am not a sports fan at all. I don't know why, I played sports as a child but was just not into them, probably because I was just not good at most of the sports being played.
14. I don't drink. Well maybe one drink every 3 or 4 years. I just don't like the taste and the feeling I get if I drink. And I'm not very tolerant of people that drink and get drunk. I just don't like drunks.
15. I like to think I'm frugal but I'm probably just cheap. But when I have extra money I don't mind picking up the bill at the restaurants.
16. I am an INTJ on the Myers-Briggs personality type indicator test. You can find out your type here just click: Take Test!
17. I'm an introvert - I prefer being by myself. I don't mind being with other people, but mainly like to interact with one or two people at a time.
18. I hate long lines. I would rather miss out than stand in line for anything.
19. I'm not that compassionate - I tend to think that most issues in life are caused by our own decisions (both good and bad). Because of that, I know I'm not really sympathetic to people. If you don't like your life, then fix it. I need to loosen up a bit on that thinking, probably.
20. I can be arrogant at times. There are times when I think that I'm better than other people. It's stupid and dumb, I know. I need to work on that.
21. There are times where I think that other people are better than me. I know this not to be true, and I'm working to be better.
22. I live out in the country away from the city and am loving it. I can see the stars at night, can't hear the traffic noises, but can enjoy all the noises of nature.
23. I enjoy writing - I'm always making lists of things to do. And I get to cross things off my lists too.
24. I love watching political and news tv shows. And I love following the elections. I enjoy watching all the news channels to get a view from all sides.
25. I can be a workaholic - I can start work in the morning, work all day, and most of the night. I know I need to find a balance of work and play, and I'm still working on that.
26. I've only went on vacation 4 times in my life and 1 of the times it was a working vacation.
27. I love to read, but don't read as much as I should. I absolutely hate reading novels or fiction books. I love reading about business and marketing. Books such as: The Lazy Man's Way To Riches by Joe Karbo, Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, just to name a few. A few recent ones 80/20 Sales And Marketing by Perry Marshall, Ask by Ryan Levesque, and a few e books.
28. I'm addicted to the History Channel. I love watching movies with historical content or about history.
29. I also have a love for the Food Channel or any channel that is showcasing the making of food or a competition about making food.
30. I'm scared of spiders and snakes. As a matter of fact, I don't like any creepy crawlers. Not even worms.
31. I enjoy family genealogy. It's like a great mystery to solve, but I get so frustrated when I come to a wall.
32. I was always confident that I'd be successful. I always felt like I would be successful and I owned a successful multi-million dollar business for 25 years. I don't know if that was confidence or arrogance or just being naive, but I really feel like if someone just keeps hustling and working hard they will be successful.
33. I'm always thinking about business. How to grow my business, ways to improve my business, how to grow my business income. I love talking about business and marketing with others. Sharing what I have learned and know. I love brainstorming business ideas.
34. I eat way to much sweet food. I know it's not healthy for me and I'm working on the healthy eating part.
35. I want you to like me - Like most, I'm a people pleaser to a degree. I want you to like me. I want you to be impressed by me. I want you to think I'm somebody.
36. I'm someone you can trust who is dedicated, dependable and who values routine and punctuality. I'm someone who uses a balanced approach and careful reasoning to solve problems. And I'm someone who radiates a sincere, familiar warmth who watches and reviews details carefully and brings stability and calm to situations.
My name is Randy "RW" Biggs and this is just a little something about me. Follow me on Google+, YouTube below or on Facebook at the links below.